We’re looking for a VP of engineering to join our leadership team. This person will be responsible for our engineering vision, strategy, execution, and team development as they relate to all of CurbWaste’s products. This is an impactful role as we move upmarket and become a multi-product company disrupting the $80B waste management industry.
Our mission is to ensure every waste hauler and recycling facility has the ability to modernize their business. Our commitment is to help waste haulers and recycling facilities run their business the best way they can, while providing them with the tools and insights they need to be successful. We care deeply about the hard working, dedicated, and passionate people of the Waste Management industry and will stop at nothing to ensure they get the most value technology can offer.
This is a great opportunity to be an early and impactful part of an extraordinary start-up that continues to offer its team members significant growth, equity, and prospect to build a legacy.
What you get to do:
- Lead, mentor, and scale a world-class and diverse engineering team
- Act as the primary stakeholder and the evangelist for our engineering org. We want you to rally our teams to reach new heights
- Partner directly with the leadership team to bring the technology perspective in strategic business decisions
- Identify trends and promote solutions across multiple product areas by being an influencer around software architecture best practices. This includes quality, supportability, scalability, performance, availability, maintainability, extensibility, and security.
- Be a strategic thinker, frame & find solutions to complex engineering and people challenges, measure & drive results
- Move fast and maintain focus on the highest impact initiatives while keeping track of trade-offs made along the way
- Be comfortable to lead in ambiguity and master the art of relentless prioritization and execution
What you bring to the role:
- 5+ years of leading cross-cultural geo-distributed teams across multiple time zones with a proven track record of building highly effective engineering teams that achieve extraordinary results
- Ability to operate effectively in both tactical and strategic capacities - You can comfortably adjust your altitude and roll up your sleeves as needed
- Experience building platforms (decentralized/microservice-based systems, data analytics/processing etc.) with demonstrated repeat history of success at high profile startups
- Entrepreneurial growth mindset with a proven track record of successful execution in a hyper growth startup environment
- Deep empathy for customer experience and customer success
- Ability to clearly communicate complex technical challenges and objectives across all levels of the organization, including the board of directors
- Experience in software development building large-scale consumer (web + mobile), SaaS, PaaS or IaaS products using public or private clouds
- Deep experience with AWS, Docker, Kubernetes (a plus), modern data processing products, and microservices architecture
- Experience in Node.js & React + MongoDB
- Experience in search technologies (ElasticSearch or Apache Solr)
When you join our team, you’re not just accepting a job. You’re creating a legacy. Here’s how we’ll support you in doing some of the most impactful work of your career:
- Flexible time off policy
- Make a positive difference in global environmental change
- Ample learning and development opportunities to continue growing your career
- Competitive compensation and equity
- Holistic health and wellness benefits: Company-paid medical, dental, and vision
At CurbWaste, we celebrate individuality and uniqueness. CurbWaste is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building an organization that empowers inclusion and diversity. We encourage candidates and employees to be true to themselves and express all aspects of their identities. We believe that the convergence of fresh perspectives and experiences from all walks of life is what makes our product and culture so great. We do not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.